Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Registering

Yesterday afternoon we went to our monthly doctor's appointment to check on the progress of our little girl. She still has a very strong heartbeat. Yes, I'm still experiencing some nausea and the doctor says that's fine. Yea, easy for him to say, right? Everyone keeps saying, "Good, that means your baby is healthy." Again, good? Easy for them to say.

While we were waiting to go back and see the doctor, Kevin found a brochure for Babies R Us and decided that we were going to go register. We left the doctor, grab dinner at Chick-Fil-A and then went to Babies R Us.

After the brief orientation by the lady at Babies R Us, we got started. Kevin took the gun and I picked things out. Yes, I did give him choices too. The one thing that I kept saying was, "There's so much to choose from." There were so many different types of bottles, a ton of passifiers, and oh goodness the toys. We chose a car seat, a swing, bedding, a hamper for her clothes, teething rings, toys, passies, bottles, thermometers. Oh so many things. And we never got to the clothes. I will probably go back this weekend and pick out clothes and maybe some books.

We did buy our little girl her first stuffed animal. There was this beautiful and soft pink bunny that prays the "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" prayer. Kevin started to register for it. I told him that this was not the type of thing you register for. That this is the type of gift mommy and daddy buy for her ourselves. So, he let me go ahead and buy it for her now.

3 comments:

Nena said...

WOW! If you get everything you registered for you will run out of room soon. In fact you will run out of room anyway after Kayden gets here. I love you!

The Elliotts said...

Yes, I know. I'm going to have to learn to put my claustaphobia away, huh?

Nena said...

If you don't you WILL go crazy. :)