Friday, July 18, 2008

Moving Baby

Wednesday evening I had choir practice for a little while. I got home fairly early and brought Subway home. While we were eating we decided to watch the new movie we got from Netflix. The Pursuit of Happyness had just come in the mail that day.
After we ate we decided to lay on the couch and cuddle. I had my hand on my belly and thought I felt something moving. I had Kevin put his hand there and asked if he felt anything. He said, "what am I feeling? It feels like your stomach." Typical man response, right? When I clarified that I meant movement he sat there for a minute feeling. He then got really excited and said that he could feel her move. It was such a sweet moment. It was awesome. We've seen her on the screen several times, but the first time we felt her move was the most amazing feeling.

7 comments:

Nena said...

This is just the beginning. Wait til you can put a plate on your tummy and Kayden kicks it off. Not that will be an amazing moment.

Parkison Family said...

Isn't that the coolest feeling!!! Congrats!

Merritt Pace said...

Hi, Kayte! This is Merritt (Parker) Pace! How are you? I found your blog through Stephanie, who found me through Monica Loadholt! Aren't blogs crazy! It sounds like you are doing well. Check out my blog sometime...www.thepacespace.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Isn't that a wonderful feeling... although it is a still strange at the same time.

Barbara said...

What a wonderful feeling that is! I still remember the first time that Kevin's movements were visible. It's a moment that lasts a lifetime!

Ashley Beth said...

Oh....Kayden must be practicing for her grand entrance! Kick it, girl!

Christy said...

Oh, that is the best feeling, isn't it?! I didn't even know you had a blog, and I certainly didn't know you were expecting a precious little one. Congratulations!!! how absolutely wonderful. :-)