Saturday, July 12, 2008

Journey to the Center of the Earth

So, last night Kevin decided that we were going to have date night and go see a movie. He cooked dinner for us and then we left for the movies.
He left the choice of movie completely up to me. So, I started looking at what was playing. There were NO chick flicks playing. So, I decided to start looking at everything that is playing. There are 4 movies that Kevin and I have both said we want to see: Kung Fu Panda, Wall*E, Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D, and Hancock.
Then after looking at all the movies I started thinking about which ones would be just as fun to rent and see on television. That eliminated Kung Fu Panda and Wall*E from our choices last night.
Hancock has gotten wonderful reviews, but it could be fun to see a 3D movie. You can't really watch a 3D movie at home and get the full effect. So, even though I thought it would be silly, I chose to see Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D.
To my surprise, it wasn't as silly as I thought it was going to be. It is based on the idea that the sci-fi book by Jules Verne is real. There were parts of it that were obviously fake. However, there were lots of parts that kept you on the edge of your seat. Just when you forget it's a 3D movie....BANG something would pop out at you. It was definately neat to see a 3D movie and it was a fun date night.
The only part that I could've done without was the commentary by the 4 year old behind us who talked the ENTIRE movie about how "That scared me" or "Hee hee, he just said..." I kept expecting his parents to tell him to be quiet, but they just kept laughing at him. The only thing that kept me from turning around and looking at them is that I know in 4 years Kayden will probably be doing the same thing. :)
I would definately recommend this movie.

5 comments:

Nena said...

If in four years you are truly wanting a "Date Night", then you wouldn't want to take Kayden with you. Call Grandma, I bet she would love to keep her.

The Elliotts said...

I think you're probably right. We might have to do that.

Randy said...

You mean Jules Verne's book WASN'T real?

Val said...

Hey there,

Glad to see that you have created a blog! Thanks for the movie reviews as well!

The Elliotts said...

Oh Randy...you Sci-Fi Buff. I tell you what...why don't you travel to the center of the earth and tell us. :)