Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Kayden Grace Elliott

I'm sure over the next 100 years I'll be talking a lot about this little girl who is growing in my belly. However, she is especially on my heart today.
Yesterday Kevin and I along with both of our moms went into the doctor's office to hopefully catch a glimpse of who this baby we will meet in a few months is. Everyone has laughed at me along the way, but I have known in my heart that it was my little girl. We picked out 2 names (one for a boy and one for a girl) several months ago. It was the same name regardless of whether it is a boy or a girl, but the spelling was different and the middle names were different. Kevin was excited because either way his child will share his initials. :)
When we were at the doctor's office yesterday I was nervous that our baby was going to be shy and we weren't going to know. However, Kayden Grace showed herself. She looked like she was sleeping for a few minutes and then all of a sudden she waved at us. Then she started dancing. I think she knew her daddy was watching and she's practicing for all the dancing they will do together. I think about Kevin and his little girl dancing around every time I hear Steven Curtis Chapman's "Cinderella." It brings tears to my eyes everytime.
All that to say, I'm really excited about Kayden Grace coming into our lives. Continue to pray that she grows well and continues to be a healthy baby.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

What a wonderful idea!As I have welcomed you into my life and heart with much joy, so shall I welcome my grandaughter, knowing that she will come into the world with a family that loves her dearly.

Nena said...

I was so excited to be part of learning we were having a granddaughter. I am so happy for you and Kevin. We love you all so much and will gladly spoil our new baby with all our hearts. Love always, Mom

The Elliotts said...

Spoil? There will be no spoiling our baby. :)
Yea, right...I know better than that.

Nena said...

Yes you do know better than that. Actually, she is already spoiled.
Love, Grandma