Friday, August 22, 2008

Work Week

This has been an extremely busy work week for me. I'm always ready for Friday, but this week I'm actually praising God that it's Friday!!! It's been so busy that I'm glad I keep a calender so that I can remember when I do my time sheet on Monday what I've done. I was trying to remember yesterday as I was driving home what I had done on Monday and for a few minutes couldn't remember because Monday seemed so long ago. Here's a run down of what I did this week.
Monday: Drove an hour to the office. Spent 4 hours there. Then I drove 45 minutes to meet a coworker so that we could drive an hour to a patient's house to meet the new patient. Spent an hour with the new patient, drove back an hour to get my coworker's car and drove 45 minutes home.
Tuesday: Drove an hour to work. Spent an hour and a half in the office and then drove an hour to the VA nursing home. Met with a family who decided to sign with Hospice but then found out they aren't eligible at this time. Then visited a few other patients. Drove an hour back to the office. Spent an hour there. Drove an hour home.
Wednesday: Drove an hour to work. Did some paperwork for the first 1 1/2 hours there. Then had a Performance Improvement meeting. This is where our staff gets together and looks at what's been going on with our patients and seeing if there are any trends with one patient or with several and puts together a plan on how to improve their care. Or if there is anything that's not particularly working in the office we can put together a plan on how to make our jobs run smoother. Then we met with one of our VP's at the coporate level for an hour. We then spent the rest of the day reviewing our care plans for our patients to make sure they are current and that they are working for the patient. I was at the office until 5:30. Then drove an hour home.
Thursday: Drove an hour to the office to pick up some paperwork. Drove an hour to meet with a potential new patient in his home. He signed papers for Hospice. Then drove 45 minutes to be with a patient's family because the patient is dying. Spent an hour and half with them. Drove an hour and a half to be with another patient. Spent 30 minutes with her and then drove an hour home.
Friday: Today is Friday. I'm working on trying to get in touch with 2 families to see if I can come visit them. If so, I will drive an hour to visit the one, then 10 minutes to visit the second one and then drive an hour home. If I don't go visit them, I will be staying home to work on paperwork and probably nap. :) Gotta love being on salary!!! :)

Needless to say again, I'm so glad it's Friday. I'm going to take every advantage of this weekend and soak it all up because they go by so incredibly fast. Kevin has a few projects that I've got him working on. :) I've got a baby shower to go to tomorrow and then I'm going to try to finish cleaning up Kayden Grace's room so that when we get her furniture there is room for it.
Hope everyone has a restful weekend this weekend!

1 comment:

Merritt Pace said...

Tag! You're it! Visit my blog if you dare!