Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hancock

Tonight Kevin and I went to the movies. We were going to see The Dark Knight--the new Batman movie. When we got to the theater I would have sworn that everyone in Raleigh decided to go to the movie at the exact same time. We had 10 minutes to buy tickets and get into the movie. Well, after standing in line for more than 10 minutes, we found out that they were not able to accept plastic tonight because their system was down. So, we had to go to the bank to get money out. Obviously by the time we got back it would have been too late to get into The Dark Knight so we decided to see Hancock instead.

The movie was really good. It is about a man who is a super hero, but is also a real jerk. Will Smith does an excellent job--as usual. Jason Bateman plays a guy (Ray) who is a Public Relations guy and wants to help Hancock improve his image. Ray's wife (Mary) looks at Hancock like she doesn't like him from the beginning. I was extremely confused as to what was going on with her, but as with most good movies, it was explained about mid-way through.

My only problem with the movie was that there is a little too much bad language and there is one scene that was hard to watch because of the gun shots and blood. However, most of the movie was rather tame. I laughed through the movie and even almost cried. I would recommend this to audiences over the age of 13.

Let me know if you watch(ed) it and what you think about it.

3 comments:

Nena said...

I haven't seen it and from what I have heard about it, I don't think I would like it. That's my comment and I'm sticking to it....

I love you.....

Randy said...

I think it would be good to see, but not sure I'd pay movie ticket prices to see it.

The Elliotts said...

Yea, I can see that. It was good on the big screen...but I thought it was going to be a lot more action. It's definately worth seeing though. It's one of those movies that you really can't talk about with people who haven't seen it yet, because anything you say will give away the movie. :)