Thursday, January 8, 2009

First Month



Ok, so I've been a little busier than usual and am a few days late on writing this post. Truth is, I've sat down several times since my last post to write about various topics (Christmas, mine and Kevin's first anniversary, New Years, looking back on 2008, my goals for 2009) but every time I sat down and opened this screen, I was too tired to think of what exactly I wanted to write.


This week has been full of taking care of Kayden for essentially the first time by myself since she's been born and trying to get our apartment cleaned up. :) So, I'm just getting around to writing about her first month...


Monday was January 5th. That was Kayden's one month birthday. It came around so quickly. I wasn't sure why it came so quickly until I read my stepdad's blog yesterday. (See it here.) Anyway, I am amazed daily by Kayden and what she can do. She is already smiling at me. On Sunday Kevin and I went to the grocery store. Kayden slept through the whole trip until we got to the cashier. She woke up and was smiling at me as I talked to her. I realized that we needed a news paper and when I walked away she began to cry. As soon as I came back she started smiling again. The pediatrician said that this is a 2 month old skill. My little girl is sooo smart. Now, on the one hand I love that she's ahead of the game, but on the other hand I'm sad that she's already starting to grow up so fast. :)


Kayden is also holding her head up already. We really never had to support her head like you would with normal new borns. It's been amazing.


We have had an amazing month with her. She sleeps well and she hardly ever cries. She only really cries when she is hungry...and then you can probably hear her within a 10 mile radius. :)


I decided that I'm going to take her picture every month on her month birthday to see how she is changing. I'm posting here her first picture taken as well as the picture I took of her on Monday. It's amazing how much she has changed already. Enjoy.

30 minutes old.
1 month old

2 comments:

Randy said...

See! I always have an explanation for everything. :)

Congratulations (again) on such a wonderful baby.

The Elliotts said...

Thanks. I thought you'd like the fact that I referenced you in my blog. :)