Thursday, November 6, 2008

Counting the Days...

Well, today it is 29 days until Kayden Grace's due date. I'm so excited and nervous and scared and happy all at the same time. I was thinking this morning wondering how it could be possible to love being pregnant and wishing she would just come out already all at the same time. I love feeling her move inside of me, but then there are times that I think "when is she going to come OUT and play instead of playing inside." I guess that these mixed feelings will never quite go away, they will just change into new mixed feelings. This morning I went to chapel at Southeastern with Kevin. Dr. Al Mohler--the president at Southern Seminary--spoke and I was excited to be able to go. He preached an important and timely message for us right now. He was preaching on raising children who are not pagans. In a world where so many young people leave home and in turn leave the church we need to be teaching our children from the beginning of their lives to have a proper fear of the Lord. We need to teach them who God is. We need to teach them more than what they are learning in Sunday School on Sunday morning and VBS the 5 days in the summer. He reminded us that even when we don't realize it that we are teaching our children. That when mom and dad are talking where their children can hear them, the children are learning about communication. When the child is standing in the kitchen watching mom cook, he/she is learning about taking care of the family. If we aren't consciously teaching our children, someone else will. So, part of my being scared is that in 29ish days I will have a little girl intrusted into my care. It will be up to Kevin and me to teach her and train her in the ways of the Lord. It will be up to us to protect her from harm and teach her how to handle crises like a believer. It will be up to us to train her in the ways of the Lord. This is an awesome responsibility and one that we cannot and will not take lightly. Please pray for us as we begin this journey.

3 comments:

The Welborn Family said...

I know it can be so overwhelming, but I know you guys will do an awesome job. :)

Ronnica said...

I'm sure you're looking forward to Kayden being here! I'm looking forward to her being a part of my kindergarten SS class in 2014. (Okay, that's assuming that we'll still all be at Open Door then!)

Nena said...

You are going to be a WONDERFUL mom. I should know, because I raise a WONDERFUL daughter. Your daughter will just as great a daughter as you were. I love you, Mom