Tuesday, September 23, 2008

1 Year

Last Wednesday was my 1 year anniversary at work. My administrator gave me my certificate and my evaluation today. It was really neat to reflect on the last year with her. I have done a lot of stuff at work over the past year. I have worked on a few committees and I have helped to impliment a few things into the office. When I started, our office was struggling because staff longevity was an issue. However, all of our core team has been there for at least a year. It's awesome. I was talking to my mom on the way home tonight and was telling her about my evaluation (which was good, by the way). I realized that my job has been the only constant in my life over the past year. I have moved from 1 apartment to another. I have married an amazing man. My body has been invaded by another little person who will soon join our family. The only thing that has remained constant is my job. On the other hand, this is the first job that I have ever stayed at for more than a year. It is quite the accomplishment and I'm loving being there. I love my job and the staff I work with. I love my patients and the work I get to do with them. It's awesome. I just wanted to share with you guys about my 1 year anniversary. :)

4 comments:

Amy B. in Charleston said...

Congrats on 1 year at your job, Kayte! Love, Amy

Ronnica said...

Congrats on making it one year! I've been at my job for over 3 years and I'm still the newbie.

You're just another one of those crazy Southerners who likes to eat peanuts in a weird way. I bet you root for one of the ugly orange teams as well... =)

Randy said...

Congratulations!

I think it shows the value you bring to the job and is directly related to the value you take from the job.

Ronnica said...

Loved your comment about fall, or at least it made me laugh.

And not EVERYONE got upset on Saturday. =)