That's an understatement. It's been a little more than 2 years since I last posted. I'm not even going to try to completely recap the last 2 years, but I'll hit the highlights.
Not much happened between April 2010 and January 2011 (at least not anything noteworthy). Beginning in January 2011 life got amazing!
1. My daddy got the amazing gift of life. Someone donated his kidney for my daddy. It is a bitter-sweet gift. I try to remember to pray for the family of the man who died that night, but I am very grateful that his family decided to be a blessing to others by donating his organs. It was a perfect match for my daddy and his recovery has gone so well that if we didn't continue to talk about the transplant, and he didn't have to take meds 3 times a day, it'd be easy to forget that he even had a transplant.
2. Right after the transplant I started feeling icky. Wasn't really sure what was going on, but soon found out that we were going to be expanding our family. We found out in February 2011 that I was going to have another baby in October. My sweet baby boy was born on October 4, 2011. We had some issues with his weight at the beginning. He lost about a pound and it took us almost 2 months to get him back up to birth weight. Once he started gaining though, he hasn't slowed down yet. :)
3. In November we moved to a new apartment right across the parking lot from our old apartment. We now have a 3 bedroom apartment so that the kids don't have to share a room. My princess is such a light sleeper that there was no way we could have them both in the same room and until we moved into a place for my Peanut to have his own room, he and I neither one slept. So, we're all sleeping now and life is good.
4. I'm enjoying staying home with my babies still. I also have a Mary Kay business that I'm working to help support my family. I took most of last year off and now I'm back with a vengeance!
5. Kevin's about to finish his next to last semester as a seminary student!!!!!!! We have 1 more semester left! I'm so incredibly proud of him and have (most of the time) enjoyed our time at SEBTS. We still have a lot of unanswered questions about our future and will welcome all prayers we can get. :) Pray for peace in the midst of uncertainty. Pray for clear direction for us as we leave this place. This is an exciting and scary time.
As you can see, we've been super busy over the past 2 years. One day I'm going to regret not keeping up the blog in the midst of all the chances (and mundane too). I do already regret not keeping up with the blog over the past 7 months as my peanut has grown up before my eyes. But I think I will be forgiven. I do have lots of pictures of him and of my little princess. One of these days I'll upload some for your viewing enjoyment. :)
Home again! Home again!
7 months ago