Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Oh where oh where have I been?

OK, so it's been a really long time since I've last posted anything. It's been a crazy few months. I could make excuses, but I'll just say that life has been happening. :)


One of my new favorite songs is Darryl Worley's "Sounds like life to me." The first time I heard it I turned the radio down because I wasn't in the mood to hear "truth" spoken to me at the time. :) I was dealing with craziness at work, still adjusting to being a working mom (well, I'm STILL adjusting to that) and feeling generally overwhelmed. Then I heard this song where a guy is talking to his best friend who has "fallen off the wagon." He finds him in a bar and asks him what's going on. His friend starts telling all his "woes." After listening to him for a few minutes he did what any good friend should do. He said, "This isn't what you want to hear, but it's what I'm going to say...Sounds like life to me, ain't no fantasy. It's a common case of every day reality." So, that's what's been going on in my world...LIFE.





Here's what life is holding right now:





1. Kevin's in Columbia, SC in Chaplain School. He is doing well even though we miss each other terribly.

2. I am still working full time, building my Mary Kay business and taking care of little Bug and our apartment all alone. I miss Kevin terribly...did I mention that already?

3. Little Bug is growing by leaps and bounds. She is 7 months and 10 days old now. She is amazing. She gets really excited when she sees me. She's always smiled, but now, she flaps her arms and kicks her legs. It's AWESOME! She also gets excited when she hears her "da-da's" voice.

4. She LOVES to take a bath. The very mention of taking a bath she gets all excited and starts to giggle.

5. She has just recently become fascinated with her hands. Yesterday I was trying to feed her and she kept looking at her hand and would open it and close it and she studied it intensely.

6. She has learned how to use her toys the way they are supposed to. She loves buttons. Telephone buttons, remote buttons and buttons on her toys. Last night I put her in her crib and a few minutes later I heard music coming from her room. She had pressed the button on the music thing on her crib.

There are many more things that are going on here, but I think that about covers the big things. I just got a new computer today. When I get everything set up, I'll post some new pictures of Little Bug. I think I might even have a video or 2 for your viewing pleasure. I know you're sitting on pins and needles waiting for it. (Mom, you'll have to be patient and wait...sorry. :) )

3 comments:

Ashley Beth said...

I'm praying for you. Not much longer till Kevin's done! Kayden's beautiful. She is so cute when she flaps those arms. The very sight of mom makes her feel like flying! So sweet!

The Elliotts said...

Thanks for your prayers, Ashley. I need them. :)
We need to get the girls together again. We'll be back down next weekend. Yall going to be around?

Nena said...

You are doing such a great job being a mom. Working is hard no matter how old your kids are. I can't wait to see K-bug again. I'm hoping very soon. Give her kisses from Grandma. We need to set up a Skype date. I love you. Mom