Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Oh the beach is calling my name!!!

This has been a rather stressful summer. Kevin's been gone for 4 1/2 weeks now and I've been working and taking care of Kayden and our home all by myself. I hesitate saying that I've been taking care of our home...becuase I have literally done the bare minimum. :)

Well, this time next week we'll be on our way...as a family...to Myrtle Beach! I'm so excited. This will be Kayden's first trip to the beach. It will our first trip to the beach as a married couple. It will be our first family vacation. And it will be our first vacation with friends and not family (although our dear friends Alli and Erik are very much family to us).

I'm looking forward to the time to spend with our dear friends. I'm looking forward to reuniting our family before we have to hit the ground running back to work and school. I'm looking forward to relaxing in the lazy river and on the beach. And YES...the seafood!!!! :)

Kevin and I will also being setting some goals for our family as well as our future. I'm most looking forward to this. I am trying to set some big goals for my Mary Kay business and need to sit down with Kevin to talk about them. I'm really excited about this!!!

5 comments:

"The Edge" said...

Ok - it's not exactly calling my name. I just need the vacation - and the seafood!!!!!!! Wouldn't miss this for the world.

I too, am looking forward to time with friends, maybe taking in a round of golf, etc. Now, if I could only remember where I put my beach ball.....

Ashley Beth said...

I love goal setting vacations. I'll keep you in my prayers. Don't forget to consult God :)

The Elliotts said...

Erik...then you can say that Vacation is calling your name. :)

Thanks for your prayers, Ashley! I am blessed by you. By the way...totally different point, do you think we could borrow your sun dome for little bug to be able to use on the beach?

Alli and Erik said...

wooooo hooooo! 1 week away! and yes, I am very much looking forward to the beach and all that it includes---especially you guys! This is our first vacation with friends too. How fun is that?!??!!!

Nena said...

I hope all of you have a great time. I am jealous. I can't wait to be able to go on a vacation also. I love you. Mom