Monday, October 19, 2009

10 months

Well, I realized the other day that it's been a while since I've updated our blog. Shame on me. Then, I kept putting it off again because I just felt overwhelmed with what to write. I decided that I could go back and update everything we've been doing for the past 2+ months, or I could just start with now. So...in the interest of time and space (not to mention your interest) I'll just start with now.

Kayden is now 10 months old. I cannot believe that a little more than 10 months ago she was still growing in my tummy. It's amazing to think about. In many, many ways I feel like she's always been here with us.

This is my 3rd week of staying home with Kayden. I LOVE it. I'm still trying to find a routine that fits us. Some days, we are still in our pj's at 10, but we're coming around. My neighbor and I have been walking almost every morning so that helps to motivate me out of the bed, at least. :)

Kayden is growing by leaps and bounds. She is experimenting with walking. She will walk around holding the furniture (or as the "experts" call it, "cruise.") She also loves to push her walking toy or anything else that will move when she stands and pushes it. She also enjoys holding our hands to walk. Her form is getting better every day. She is also experimenting with standing on her own. She will push up or pull up on the furniture and then let go. She will stand there for a few seconds and then sit down. I really think that she has the ability to walk on her own, she just doesn't know that she has that ability. I'm not sure that I'm quite ready for that skill yet. :)

This past weekend we took her to Vollemer Farms. This is the place where we pick strawberries in the spring. They have a pumpkin patch where you can pick your own pumpkins. They also have a play area called "The Back Forty" where they have a pumpkin bounce, a cow train, a corn crib and other activities for kids of all ages. We had a good time. I think we wore Kayden out. But she enjoyed watching the other kids play. Here are some pictures for you:










Some of the skills Kayden now has:
1. She is standing some on her own
2. She is starting to walk while holding on to something
3. She loves "hugging" her baby
4. She likes giving kisses (sometimes :) )
5. She can say "hey"
6. She can wave hello
7. She is learning sign language and can tell you when she wants "more" of something
8. She can hold her hands up when you ask her to say "yeah!"
9. She has learned how to crawl under furniture when she wants to get out of her "cage"
10. She can turn the tv off by using the remote :)
Most importantly she has captured her mommy and daddy's hearts. We are absolutely smitten with this little girl. I love her so much and am constantly in awe that God chose me to take care of her.

2 comments:

Alli and Erik said...

well, her auntie alli is proud of that sweet sweet girl! She is such a doll baby!

Nena said...

I can't believe she has been with us for 10 months either. I love her many expressions and the way she is so happy all the time. I wish ya'll were closer so she could visit Grandma more often. I love you all and can't wait for Thanksgiving.